You guys, I am officially the recipient of a Liebster Award!!!
What is a Liebster Award, you ask? I had absolutely no idea what it was either, so I’ll go with what I was told. Liebster Awards are an online recognition given to bloggers by other bloggers. It is an honor to be a recipient of this award because it means you are recognized and valued for your work by other bloggers in your circle. It is a meaningful way to connect with like-minded individuals while building a network of friendship and support (Vannia’s words not mine).
Being presented with mine by a blogger I much admire, that’s like the icing on the cake! Vannia from Flair Miami is a beautiful soul! When she isn’t meeting princesses, working out, and dishing out some very practical marriage advice, she is spending time on her spirituality. Which is why I love this girl! Go check her out!
Now, it is my turn to pay it forward and share the love!
Here are the rules:
- Share the award on your blog
- Thank the person who nominated you and link back to their blog
- Answer the 10 questions you are asked
- Nominate 10 other bloggers
- Ask 10 new questions
Questions for me:
- What’s something most people don’t know about you?
Most people don’t realize how sensitive I am. I have a very tough exterior and I can usually fool the best of them. Deep, deep down, however, I am so sensitive. Ever the dreamer, my feelings are usually magnified. Which means I get very hurt very often and very easily. Example, yesterday, I cried during this YouTube commercial.
- Why and when did you decide to start blogging?
I started blogging in June of 2015. I’m still so green! I had just turned thirty and it was part of this bucket list of things I wanted to accomplish. Now that I have been doing it for some months, I must admit I am doing it for me. I am perfecting my craft as a writer, and I am finding myself more and more through my blog.
- How do you unwind?
Usually, it’s very difficult to slow down the gears in my head. Even when I’m stagnant, my mind is racing. The only way I have been able to find that it stops is if I binge on Netflix shows. Lately it’s been The Office and usually accompanied by a glass of Prosecco.
- Who is someone that inspires you? Why?
Well, it isn’t so much someone as it is someplace. I have fallen inconveniently and obsessively in love with Miami. I find the little nooks few people know about, and even in the most crowded places, I feel connected. I have learned to find beauty even in the ugliest of places in Miami. And I am realizing more and more how much living here has shaped the woman I am.
- What is your favorite thing about blogging?
I love when someone I don’t know sends an email or comments about how something I have written has resonated with them. I am always amazed at how words transcend distances, cultures, and even time.
- What is you least favorite thing about blogging?
There is honestly nothing I don’t love about my blog! But I do wish I were techier and could design this space to look and behave in a way that is more congruent with who I am. Until then though, I am trying my best to become a better WordPresser (is that a verb?)
- Why do you think people read your blog? What makes you unique?
I am sort of this dark, sarcastic, sometimes funny Spanglish voice of reason. I know people are reading because we all have this negative view of aging, we fear we don’t have all the answers, and we fall victim to self-doubt. When we find that someone else is equally insecure and afraid, it makes us feel more comfortable. So, I think most people can relate to these “Life Lessons” I post about. Whether it be as frivolous as a post about your nails or as painful as dealing with dysfunctional families, we like feeling that we are not the only ones out there. That’s why I write, and I believe that’s the same reason they read.
Am I right? I’m curious to know now, so please comment with reasons you read my blog.
- What is one thing you hope to accomplish through the blog?
I hope that I can transition to being a full-time writer. There, I said it! I am blogging as a place keeper in my mind, heart, and life for my true dream- writing.
- Describe yourself in three words?
Inquisitive, demanding, resilient.
- Where do you see yourself in the next 5 years?
I imagine we are living abroad doing some kind of volunteer service as a tiny family unit. I like to think I am in a place like Costa Rica or The Dominican Republic, but honestly anywhere will do. I am helplessly homesick for Miami and at the same time I am falling in love with a new home and a new set of doubts and fears. I will definitely still be A Girl in Her Thirties making sense of life through exploration, and hopefully you will still be following the journey. (And invite your friends too!)
Questions for my fabulous nominees:
- How and why did you choose the name for your blog?
- Describe your blog and purpose:
- Describe yourself in three hashtags:
- Which blog post are you the most proud of?
- What is an accomplishment you celebrated in the last six months?
- What has been your most embarrassing moment?
- What is something that terrifies you?
- If you could live any place in the world, where would it be?
- Where do you feel most at home?
- What should your readers expect from you blog in the next year?